- You have a long, complex IT project coming up that will require more resources and workers to complete.
- You’re looking to foster a long-term relationship with experts who can provide guidance, resources and an additional workforce you’re not responsible for.
- You want a long-term cost-effective model.
- You need the time time to focus on your core business.
- You’re willing to hand over responsibility to an external body.
The right model for you will depend on several factors such as time-scale, your existing team and workforce, the size of your project, and your willingness to hand over management and control. In both cases, there are thousands of competitive staff augmentation firms
and outsourcing software development companies
for you to consider. When you’re selecting your vendor, you need to be clear in your aims, objectives, requirements, and needs. Since you or your future firm might work remotely and internationally, you’ll also want to consider time zones differences too. Finally, you could consider a hybrid approach, going with a company that can provide both staff augmentation and project outsourcing capabilities; this could be particularly effective if you need support for both long-term and short-term projects.